Cycling sportswriters Neil Browne and Dan Wuori host the TourChats for Cycling Fans live interactive web show featuring guests from pro cycling, witty banter and audience questions.
TourChats started as live race chats for cycling fans during the Tour de France. This grew into a web show twice a month on Sunday evenings. We’re using Spreecast.com so we can have co-hosts and guests. Ask questions via webcam or text. The recording of the live show is available as podcast. Check out our How to Watch page for more info.,/p>
Starting with the Tour de France in 2010, we produced live chats for Versus.com. When Versus.com was removed (after the merger with NBC/Universal) along with its unique content for cycling fans, we started producing interactive online events independently as TourChats for Cycling Fans.
Here are few FAQs from Spreecast for new users:
- What are the basic requirements to get on screen?
- Up-to-date browser
- Strong internet connection, preferably plugged in. 1.5 Mbps download and 1.0 Mbps upload speed with less than 100ms ping time is ideal (click here to check your speed and ping time).
- What browsers do you support?
- What version of Flash player do I need to view, join or create a spreecast?
- You will need to have Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or later installed. Get the latest version here.
- How much bandwidth do I need to have a good experience on Spreecast?
- Generally, you will want at least 1.5 Mbps download and 1.0 Mbps upload bandwidth to have a good experience using Spreecast. However, sufficient bandwidth is not always enough. You also need to have a network connection with low latency and jitter. These are technical terms that describe the quality of your network connection. You can go to SpeedTest.net and click “Begin Test” to test your network connection. After the test is completed, click “Share this result” and you will see a letter grade from A+ to F. This letter grade tells you the quality of your network connection. You will need at least a C+ to have a good experience on Spreecast.
TourChats is a Browne Eye Media production